Friday, August 13, 2010

Triple mini tomato bruschetta


Tomato bruschetta was the first grown up dish I learned to make. Over the years, I've played with my recipe a bit and finally, I think I've stumbled on the most brilliant variation using food from the season.

I am absolutely loving the variety of summer tomatoes. You will love this triple mini tomato bruschetta made a mixture of yellow grape tomatoes, purple cherry tomatoes and red teardrop tomatoes. The variety of mini tomatoes infuse this bruschetta with sunshine and soil. It is absolutely fantastic. Bruschetta is great on fresh bread or use to top a salad, as a no-cook pasta sauce or on chicken or fish.

The good stuff:
About 1 pint--mixed variety of mini tomatoes (grape, cherry, teardrop), cut into quarters
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup of fresh basil leaves, snipped/chopped into thin strips
1/4 cup EVOO
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Kosher Salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
2 baguettes, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces

Mix tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, EVOO, vinegar and salt/pepper (to taste). You can serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with sliced baguettes.


1 comment:

  1. You must have been reading my mind...I was just thinking I needed to find a good bruschetta recipe! Thank YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete