Sunday, July 18, 2010

Garden Girl: Thai-inspired Sunday dinner


It has been a produce inspired weekend! I love this time of year--meal options are endless with so much in season. I picked up these gorgeous Fairy Tale Eggplants. I could not resist their purple and white stripes and I was enticed by the name. Then, Lily and I harvested Mike's crop of edamame from our backyard garden. So, what to make?

I had no idea what to do with the Fairy Tale Eggplant, so I googled and found a fabulous blog (called Figs with Bri, totally worth a follow!) and
a super yummy recipe for a Vegetarian Thai inspired dinner with Fairy Tale Eggplant, Red Curried Tofu, Basmati Rice and Green Beans.

The meal was amazing. I swapped out the green beans and steamed fresh edamame instead (in the pod, sprinkled with kosher salt). The Fairy Tale Eggplant was super tender and delicious with honey, soy sauce, ginger and serrano pepper. (I am addicted!). The curried tofu was easy to make (I used extra firm, versus firm and dusted the outside of the tofu with pan-searing flour before cooking) and satisfying. The sides of
rice and edamame rounded out the meal perfectly.

It was definitely a 4-pot meal--but it cooked up quickly. I used Uncle Ben's Ready Rice-Basmati, instead of making my own. It tastes great and takes about 2 minutes to warm up.

And there were enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Check out the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment